DBT Skills Training Groups teach clients the skills to identify, understand, and effectively manage their emotions. DBT breaks down these skills into the following modules:
- Distress Tolerance
- Emotion Regulation
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Walking the Middle Path
Groups are run in a class-like format in which group leaders use a combination of lecture, discussion, and practice to teach the skills. Individuals are assigned homework so that they can practice skills in the situations where they experience distress (e.g. at home, at school, with friends).
Individuals who have completed a DBT Skills Training Group may graduate to a DBT Skills Integration group, which creates advanced opportunities to learn and apply skills. These groups include a combination of lecture, agenda, and in-vivo (real-life) practice.
To schedule an intake, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 857-400-9211.
- Middle School Aged DBT Skills Training Group: Mondays at 5pm or Thursdays at 5pm
- Adolescent DBT Skills Training Group: Tuesdays at 6:15pm
- Adolescent DBT Skills Integration Group: Tuesdays at 4:45pm
- Young Adult DBT Skills Training Group: Tuesdays at 6:15pm or Thursdays at 5:30pm
- Young Adult DBT Skills Integration Group: Wednesdays at 6:00pm